Valves Principles Operation & Designs
- Discover the major types of valves used in the process industry
- Learn their components, their function & their operation
- Have the opportunity to dismantle many valves and assemble them using 3D models, cross-sectional views and 3D animations
- You will learn how control valves are used to regulate the flow of a fluid. Concepts such as head loss, pressure drop, valve coefficient "Cv", flow resistance, valve curves and cavitation will be presented
- Finally, the course introduces you to valve symbols and representation in engineering drawings such as Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's). Standards and conventions that apply to valves and their accessories will be discussed in details. You will learn how valve status and failure modes are depicted in engineering drawings.