IADC DIT / Rig Inspection and Maintenance
Independently carry out a basic (visual) rig inspection.
Describe the main inspection criteria for major equipment.
Identify major items that have an impact on the safety and operation of a rig.
- Recognize the indicators of the overall condition of a drilling rig.
- List the relevant standards (such as API) and their implications for drilling equipment.
- Understand the basics of EX equipment installed in hazardous areas.
- Evaluate basic maintenance and inspection procedures on the rig to identify compliance with good working
- practices and industry standards