IADC for Surface BOP Supervisor Level
- Day 1
- Well barriers & standards for barriers
- Well barrier elements and acceptance criteria
- Responsibilities for well control& well integrity
- Pressure calculations
- Well control definitions & concepts
- API Recommended Practices and API Specifications
- U-tube analogy for well pressure calculations
- Well control Equipmnet (BOP, Diverter, Flamges,Rings,Rams,etc…)
- Kick tolerance
- Kick causes, prevention & detection
- Warning signs.
- Shallow gas
- Well control preparation
- Well shut-in procedures & first actions.
- Practical - simulator overview and demonstration of well control load cases
- Day 2
- Hydrostatic pressure and barriers
- Gas behavior in WBM
- Tripping procedures for well control point of view
- Killing Methods
- Conventional well control procedures
- Unconventional well control procedures
- Well control complications
- Compensating for Choke Line Friction ( for Subsea candidates)
- Riser Margin ( for subsea candidates)
- Workshop - Driller's Method
- Gas behaviors in OBM
- Difference between vertical and deviated well control
- Practical - Full scenario (kick detection, shut-in, circulate out kick) simulations
- Day 3
- Well control equipment Specifications
- Well control equipment selection
- Confirm shutting well in
- Well control while tripping Stripping operations
- Deviated wells killing procedures
- Well control equipment installation
- Well control equipment testing
- Practical - Full scenario (kick detection, shut-in, circulate out kick) simulations with ‘unexpected’ events included.
- Day 4
- Killing procedure over view
- Case studies
- Worst situations while well control issues
- The needs to shut the well faster
- PracticalAssessment test with simulator.
- Group discussion
- When not involved with the practical assessments, participants will be completing quiz test.
- Self-Study (using question bank) to prepare for written examinations
- Course review and open discussion.
You can cancel your booking and refund your fees before course start date by 48 hrs.